Hot!

BUILDING AN IMPACTFUL GENERATION NEXT - BY JULIUS OGUNRO

Representational photo.
I have two boys who are four and six years old. Tare and Priye.
These are the values I hope to teach them as they grow up into responsible adults.
Value of Work: I hope to help them learn that the result they get will depends on the work they put in. It will not depend on their ‘positive confessions’ or ‘seed faith,’ but their work and action. Good work, good results. Qed.
Vision: I want them to know that those beautiful societies they see on TV were built by men who were once little boys just like them. That they too can make their lives­—and society—the way they want it; that societies are built by vision, diligence and innovation. Not by prophetic ‘decree’ or proclamation.
Respect: I want them to learn to respect other people; to treat everyone nicely and with courtesy, but not to respect others to the point of being intimidated by their status, skill or place in life.
Religion: I want them respect and fear God. I want them to realize that there is a force greater than all of us. But I also want them to be curious, to ask questions about faith and about life. I want them not to ever mock a person because of his faith, to know that faith is usually as a result of the accident of birth. I do not want them to grow up having a blind faith in a ‘man of God,’ or ‘spiritual father.’ To know that the Pastor or Reverend or Imam is but a man (or woman) who shouldn't and cannot take the place of God.
Life: I want my boys to be serious with their academics and generally with life. I want them to know that what they sow now, they will reap later. But I also want them to have fun, to have adventures and to (sometimes!) take risks that do not make sense. I want them to have good memories because in the end that is all what we have.
So help me God….

You Need To See This Before Leaving The Site: I DON’T MIND SERVING AS BUHARI’S HOUSEBOY – NIGERIAN SENATOR


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Disclaimer: Comments from our readers do not represent the editorial policy of The Bulletin Press.