Hot!

2019 PRESIDENTIAL ASPIRANT, CHRIS NWAOKOBIA CLARIFIES MUSTAPHA IN HIS NAMES


A presidential aspirant in the forthcoming 2019 general elections in Nigeria, Dr. Chris Mustapha Nwaokobia Jnr, has come out to clarify why, as a Christian of Igbo extraction; he bears “Mustapha” (a Muslim name).

In an official statement, “To Those Concerned About The Mustapha In My Name”, made available to The Bulletin Press, the legal practitioner and public affairs commentator on several electronic platforms in Nigeria, believes setting the record straight was necessary particularly at this time, since it was being suggested in some quarters that he might have quickly added Mustapha to his names in total submission to the will and interests of Northern/Muslim political power brokers. 
   
According to the convener of CountryFirst, a political advocacy group, he indeed owed his followers and admirers a candid explanation on how he came by an “unusual name”. He disclosed that this was done in line with what his mentors before him had done, citing the likes of Mahatma Mohandas Gandhi and Martin Luther King Jnr., who he stated, had their names  altered in the course of time.

Hear him: “I was born Christopher Chukwudumebi Nkemcho Nwaokobia Jnr. I was born a Christian, however today I pride in love as my religion, and I have tremendous respect for Christianity, Islam and other religions, as the sumnum bonum of faith is love.

“I became Chris Mustapha Nwaokobia Jnr when I was detained in 2002/2003 by Obasanjo's government, and that was 8 years before I ran for the office of President at 40 in 2011, and precisely 15 years before the present movement to Aso Rock come 2019. So the name is by no means intended for political premium or profit.

“While in detention, a certain State Agent and a brother from the Northern part of the country told me of the dream he had where the Holy Prophet Mohammed PBUH, appeared to him with instructions concerning my person. He was instructed to be nice to me, and to attend specially to my demands, that I was strategic to God's plan for Nigeria, and that my name is Mustapha meaning chosen by Allah. And he was dear and brotherly to me all through my stay in custody.

“I have since been called by both names Chris and Mustapha, interestingly both names speak to the vision, the mission and the purpose of my life.

“I am not unaware of the ethnic and religious predilection of fellow Countrymen and women, but I will not disobey the call, the instructions and the mandate of God because of ethnic and religious biases. Love is my religion.”

He further disclosed that to further confirm that the name predates the current political dispensation, the name was bold written on his International Passport and bank documents.

“It may interest you to know that the name on my International Passport and bank papers is Chris Mustapha Nwaokobia Jnr. So it is not a political name but a name that defines my calling. Interpreted together Christopher Mustapha means The Burden/Cross Bearer Chosen by God/Allah.

Read Also: ROTIMI AMAECHI, 9 OTHERS, BIGGEST APC LOOTERS, RENO OMOKRI CLAIMS 

Continuing, he maintained that he had all his life put the interest of the country first; adding that he may have made mistakes, such as his support for incumbent president, Muhammadu Buhari, against whom he plans to run in 2019, which some people have considered a mistake.

“But since late 2015, I have fought the Buhari government even more than I fought against the past. I am fallible because I am human. What you cannot take away from me is the passion for a New Deal for the masses of our people. What must count is my passion, persuasion, programmatic, policy trust and my determination to lead the inevitable peaceful ballot based ordinary people’s revolution come 2019.

“We must organize rather than agonize, and work together to take back our Country for good,” he concluded.

Kindly drop your comments.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Disclaimer: Comments from our readers do not represent the editorial policy of The Bulletin Press.